By the 6th of October this year, Instagram will clock 12 years.
12 years of growth… 12 years of dominance… 12 years of turning millions of people into millionaires. And, of course, 12 years of setting the pace for others.
You think of Instagram and you think of elegance, style, and perfection.
For all the buzz around TikTok, Instagram is still the home of perfection – the place everybody showcases their perfect lives.
For all the strides of YouTube, Instagram is still the home of influencers – the place where influencers make the most money.
For all the competitions presented by Twitter, Instagram is still the home of celebrities – where your Ronaldos, Taylor Swifts, and Dwayne Johnsons showcase their lives.
Indeed, Instagram has cut across every sphere of life in its 11 years of existence. It only makes sense then that it’s the social networking destination of business owners and their customers. Today, there are more than 200 million business accounts on Instagram that users visit every day (Instagram, 2021).
Like that isn’t enough. With 2 billion+ Monthly active users, Instagram is effectively the third most used social networking app in the world, only behind YouTube and Facebook. To think Instagram came to be five years after YouTube and six years after Facebook, and now has as many users as those two is enough evidence to show that IG is, indeed, one of the most loved social apps out there. That’s the reason people want to get more followers on Instagram these days.
Without saying too much, below is a list of up-to-date Instagram statistics that you need to explore to leverage the platform this year.
Table of Contents
- General Instagram Fact Sheet (By Stormlikes.net)
- Instagram User Fact Sheet
- Instagram Usage Fact Sheet
- Instagram Stories Fact Sheet
- Instagram Travel-Specific Fact Sheet
- Instagram Business Fact Sheet
- Instagram Ad Fact sheet
- Instagram Reels Fact Sheet
- Instagram Influencer Fact Sheet
1) General Instagram Fact Sheet (By Likes.io)
Instagram has evolved over the years and some amazing numbers have been recorded. Expect more of the same in 2022.
Instagram has set itself above the competition for many years. Unless you live under the rocks, there's no way you wouldn't use Instagram. For marketers, business owners, creators, and Individuals alike, the potential for success is huge with Instagram. Feel some of the amazing stats backing this GREAT platform
2) Instagram User Fact Sheet
Instagram is used by millions of users. Who has made the most money? Who has the highest number of followers? Find out now.
10 Most popular Instagram users by number of followers
Below are 10 of the most followed persons on IG in 2022:
- Instagram (451m followers)
- Cristiano Ronaldo (379m followers) ...
- Kylie Jenner (291m followers) ...
- Lionel Messi (291m followers) ...
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson (282m followers) ...
- Ariana Grande (283m followers) ...
- Selena Gomez (281m followers) ...
- Kim Kardashian (271m followers)
- Beyonce (225M)
- Justin Bieber (210M)
Instagram User Revenue: 7 Highest paid Instagrammers
- Cristiano Ronaldo: $809748
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson: $673,053
- Ariana Grande: $666,769
- Kylie Jenner: $655,718.5
- Selena Gomez: $645,296
- Kim Kardashian: $625,434.5
- Lionel Messi: $612,454
3) Instagram Usage Fact Sheet 2022
Do you know the number of posts that go on Instagram daily? What about the average number of hashtags used in posts? You’ll find out now.
Captivating Instagram usage stats for 2022
- An average Instagram post contains 10.7 hashtags Hubspot, 2020
- The average number of likes for an Instagram post: 1,261 Mention, 2018
- In December 2021, Instagram hit 2 Billion MAU (monthly active users) CNBC, 2021
- Most social media marketing experts agree that strong engagement falls around 1% to 5% Hootsuite, 2021
- 95 million photos and videos are shared on Instagram per day. Wordstream, 2021
- Over 40 billion photos and videos have been shared on the Instagram platform since its conception. Wordstream, 2021
- Instagram can generate over 4X more interactions compared to Facebook Socialbakers, 2018
4) Instagram Stories Fact Sheet 2022
Not using IG Stories is like buying an iPhone and not using Siri. Find out some amazing Instagram Stories stats here.
- Instagram stories are used by Instagram
- One-third (1/3) of the most viewed Instagram Stories are from businesses. Instagram
- About 70% of Instagram stories are viewed with the sound on Media Kix
- Nearly 58% of people have become more interested in a brand/product they saw on stories. Hootsuite
- 1 in 3 self-reported daily active Instagrammers surveyed said they have become more interested in a brand or product after seeing it on Instagram Stories. Facebook
- A massive 86.6% of Instagram users post stories. True List
- 50% of businesses on Instagram create at least one story during a typical business month. EmbedSocial
- Approximately 60% of millennials publish or watch Instagram Stories. 99 Firms
- Stories with over 26 frames have a 2% exit rate. Marketing Charts
- 36.2% of B2B decision-makers use Instagram Stories to research new products or services. Hootsuite
- Stories have increased the number of time users spend on Instagram to 28 minutes. Media Kix
- By March 2018, 52% of Instagram influencers had reportedly replaced Snapchat Stories with Instagram Stories completely. Medium
- Tapping forward is the most common way of watching a Story as shown by the high tap forward rate, averaging 80% for Stories with 25 frames. Tap forward rate is lowest (68%) for the first frame of a Story and gradually increases frame to frame, peaking at 83% for the 21st frame. Marketing Charts
- User actions, including tap forwards, tap backs, and exits, are least common on the second frame of a Story, making this a great place for important content. Marketing Charts
- Sports-related Instagram stories have a spectacular 90% completion rate. 99 Firms
5) Instagram Travel-niche Fact Sheet
The travel niche is one of the most congested and profitable niches on Instagram. Therefore, it’s important we explore its numbers, too.
Instagram Travel niche stats 2022
- 48% of people choose their destination based on what they see on Instagram. Adweek
- 35% of Instagrammers discover new places to visit from Instagram. Adweek
- Fifty-two percent of consumers say they’ve made plans to visit a specific destination based on an image or video they saw from friends, family or peers on social media Stackla
- Thirty-eight percent of people say that influencer content never impacts which hotel or resort they choose to stay at when traveling Stackla
- 70% of travel enthusiasts use Instagram to share their travel. Wordstream
- 72% of Millennials and Gen X share their photos on social media while traveling Expedia
- Men are twice as likely to fake it, with more than 40% of men, compared to 21% of women have admitted to posting a fake holiday photo to Instagram. Expedia
- More than one in five (22%) Millennials and Gen X spend an hour or more each day while traveling documenting their holiday on social media Expedia
6) Instagram Business Fact Sheet
Lots of brands rely on IG for marketing and sales success. If you’re one of those, find out below what the numbers say about the Instagram business in 2022.
- 200 million Instagrammers actively visit the profile of a business every day. Instagram
- More than 80 percent of Instagram accounts follow a business page. Instagram
- 81% of users say that they use the platform to research products and services. Instagram
- Brands post an average of 27.9X per month on Instagram. Statista
The average number of monthly image posts by brands to Instagram from January 2016 to December 2017
- Research says 1,261 is a good number of likes to get. Mention
- Research says an average number of comments varies on IG depending on post type. 11.1 comments for video post, 7.99 comments for carousel posts, and 5.76 for images Statista
- Target 11. Experts say 11 is the magic number for hashtag usage. Hootsuite
- Social apps with the highest influence on shopping behaviors: Instagram (50%), Facebook (23%), Pinterest (22%), Twitter (3%), Snapchat (1%). Digital Marketing Community
7) Instagram Ads Fact sheet
Unless you have as many followers as Cristiano Ronaldo, there’s no way you wouldn’t need Instagram ads. Find out below what the numbers say about IG ads.
- Instagram contributed over 50% of the parent company Facebook's $50.30 billion in net ad revenues in 2021. eMarketer
- Total ad ‘spend’ on Instagram is 23% higher than that of Facebook. Digiday
- Every month, more than 2 million advertisers place ads on Instagram. Instagram
- Instagram ads have an inherent reach of over 1.2 billion people, which is an equivalent of 20% of the world's population over age 13. Hootsuite
- 27% of Instagrammers say they find new products and services through paid social ads. Hootsuite
- 50.8% of Instagram’s ad audience is female, and 49.2% are male. Hubspot
- Average Instagram ads cost CPC is around $0.20 – $2.00. Webfx
8) Instagram Reels Fact Sheet
Reels are Instagram’s response to TikTok. As expected, Instagrammers are hopping on this new feature left, right, and center. Find below what the numbers say about reels. Perhaps you’ll come to understand what you’ve been missing out on.
- 87% of Gen Z TikTok users agree that reels are basically the same as TikTok. Morning Brew
- Reels receive 22% more engagement than regular Instagram feed video content. Influencer Marketing Hub
- Reels Launched First in Brazil in 2019 as “Cenas.” Techcrunch
- With the launch of Reels, Instagram users in Brazil jumped up by 4.34%, which highlights a significant level of acceptance. Influencer Marketing Hub
- Instagram Downloads Increased by 11.4% in India. The Times of India
- Time Spent on Instagram in India Increased by 3.5% after the launch of reels. The Times of India
- NFL teams’ Reels generate 67% more engagement than their regular video posts. Conviva
- Reels are shown on the explore page. Considering the Explore tab is visited by more than 200 million people each day, that’s a great shot at getting viral. Conviva
- Wikipedia states that getting more than 5 million views over a 3 to 7 day period indicates a viral video (Reels). Wikipedia
- Instagram Reels ads are available in 80-plus countries. Adweek
- Since the ads are in 80-plus countries, as confirmed by an Instagram spokesperson, we can infer ‘Reel’ is now available in 80-plus countries, too. Adweek
9) Instagram Influencer Fact Sheet
As the primary home of influencers, it’s only essential that we dedicate a section of this research to finding out the stats that back influencer marketing on Instagram in 2022.
- 97% of marketers consider Instagram the most important influencer marketing channel. Oberlo
- $1.7 to $2.3 Billion Is Currently Being Spent On Instagram Influencers. Media Kix
- 67% of brands use Instagram for influencer marketing. Influencer Marketing Hub
- Instagram ranks as the #1 most strategically important social media channel for influencer marketing. Media Kix
- There Are Over 15 Million Sponsored Posts On Instagram To Date. Media Kix
- Instagram Influencer Rates Range From $50 To $1 Million For A Single Sponsored Post. Influencer Marketing Hub
- Search Interest for “Instagram Influencer” which tripled over the past few years is currently on a downward spiral. Google Trends
- In 2020, Instagram influencers with 5,000 to 20,000 followers accounted for 47.3 percent of influencer accounts worldwide. Statista
- Sponsored Posts On Instagram Have Grown 30% Year-Over-Year Media Kix
- How many influencers are there on Instagram? Active influencers account for 39 percent of all Instagram accounts with more than 15 thousand followers. Statista
And that’s that about that. All the stats that matter for your marketing, sales, or personal account growth on Instagram.
Apart from these, we offer Instagram services you can buy Instagram likes, buy Instagram followers and views and we guarantee our service quality and effectiveness. If you still have any questions, feel free to reach out to us.