2 MINUTES READ
In any social media platform, the key to success lies in the growth and development of your respective account. This is the primary reason why users in Instagram put in a lot of effort and time into generating high-quality content that elicits responses such as likes or shares, and eventually reach a wider market in order to acquire a significant following. Likes may not sound like much but they are far more important than some may give it credit for since it shows the interest that both current and potential followers have for you and determines the level of engagement too.
If you aren’t satisfied with the number of likes that your content has been receiving, this is the right place to be. In this article, we will talk about not just why likes are essential to finding success, but also how you can potentially obtain more of them for your future posts.
Reasons why likes are important
Obtaining likes for your posts is important since it can ultimately determine the level of engagement that you are likely to receive. Here are just a few more reasons why it’s never a bad thing to receive more likes for your uploaded content.
- Acquire a new audience – Every following starts with generating interest from a single post. More often than not, users become followers because they were enticed by the content and started to enjoy the regular posts of the account. This is how it tends to be in social media platforms, and Instagram is no exception.
- Increases confidence and self-esteem – Some may refuse to admit it but the majority of us all enjoy to be in the limelight because it makes us feel good. Receiving likes may appear to be no more than a small validation of our work but you’ll be surprised at how much it can increase our confidence and self-esteem. It’s a positive reinforcement that we all need from time to time, and this simple way of saying that you did a good job can make all the difference.
- Improves the growth of the account – The main reason many users continue to use Instagram and other social media platforms is to increase awareness about you or your brand. There’s hardly any point in growing your account if there’s no clear purpose as to why you are doing so.
Does a lack of likes have a negative impact on the posts?
Lacking likes for a post doesn’t necessarily make the content look bad, but it can have potentially negative effects on the post. The fact of the matter is that many people will often base their decisions on whether something is good or bad on the general consensus. If a post has a significant amount of likes, there’s a bigger chance that other users will check the published content out of interest. On the other hand, a post that doesn’t have too many likes won’t entice others to check it.
Top tips on how you can acquire more likes
Now that you are aware of exactly how likes can potentially affect not just your posts but the growth and development of your Instagram account, here are a few top tips to keep in mind to better increase your chances of obtaining more.
- Include hashtags relevant to the content – Hashtags have become a popular addition in many posts and a way to simplify ideas without losing its context. If you’re having a difficult time obtaining the number of likes that you want, try to add a few of them to any content that you opt to upload. But don’t get carried away as it can just lose the intended purpose as it can help create engagement.
- Have a clear purpose for your posts – More often than not, the reason why some posts are ignored is that there isn’t a clear and concise purpose for the content’s existence. It’s good common practice to always take your time and to leave no stone unturned whenever uploading content on Instagram. Having a plan and setting goals for your posts will have far more positive effects than uploading content haphazardly.
- High-quality content is mandatory – It goes without saying that high-quality content is essential in getting the attention of not just potential followers but retaining the engagement of current followers as well. Be sure that your images are always in a decent resolution, and invest some time into learning about photography techniques. This will pay dividends in your future posts.
- Be versatile in your content – If you want to set yourself apart from your competitors or other active users in Instagram, it pays to always come up with new and unique content. By diversifying your posts, you’re allowing yourself to be much more versatile to keep the attention and focus of your target audience while leaving room to reel in new followers into the fold.
- Use a service – There are services online like us ( Stormlikes ) that allow you to procure a number of real likes for a small fee. If you’re struggling and need an immediate boost in awareness, you can do no better than by investing in these types of services to start out with.
- Connect and engage with your target audience – While an aggressive strategy may work, it can end up turning off your target audience in the long run. Instead of creating promotions that are too one-sided, be more organic and natural. You’ll be able to better connect with users in the Network this way and have much more engagement as a result.
- Choose the right color schemes – Colors can influence and encourage people in the same way that the actual content does. Try to do research on what people feel are inviting colors instead of simply going with what you think is cool. You’ll be surprised at how effective this can be at keeping your followers tuned in to your posts.
- Time is important – Another reason why you may be lacking in likes is the time that you usually upload or post your content. You can rectify this by checking on the accounts of your most active followers and confirmed the time when they are usually online in order to get a better idea of what you should post.
- Mention other accounts – They say that there is strength in numbers, and it pays to have friends on your side in the Instagram social media platform. By mentioning other accounts in your posts, you’re not merely showing a measure of goodwill, but you’re promoting yourself in the process too. And in the future, there’s no doubt that these accounts will do the same for you, which makes it a win-win situation.
It isn’t terribly difficult to acquire likes for your posts. As long as you keep to uploading high-quality content, and follow good common practices such as including hashtags or mentioning accounts on your posts, there’s very little doubt that you can achieve the numbers that you desire.